We could all learn a few lessons about the good life and relaxation from little Ms. Shirley.
I’m stuck in the law review office on a Friday night so at best, my brain is only thinking in lists.
Seven Things To Do Before I Die
1. Write a self-help book, convince Oprah to pitch it, and make millions.
2. Be completely debt free.
3. Rent a car and drive down the coast of Portugal.
4. Go to an early morning fish auction in Tokyo.
5. Run a marathon in four hours or less.
6. Roll around in a very large field of lavendar.
7. Learn to swim properly and then surf.
Seven Things I Cannot Do
1. Any winter sports (skating, skiing, snowboard, etc.)–a shame b/c I live in the Frozen North.
2. Take law school exams.
3. Play Chopin or Liszt. (My fingers aren’t long enough).
4. Go more than a week without dark chocolate.
5. Go more than a month without coffee.
6. Wake up in the mornings without NPR.
7. Bake bread.
Seven Things I Say Most Often
1. “I’m tired.”
2. “I hate school.”
3. “Are you serious?”
4. “That is so stupid.”
5. “So what I’m trying to say is…”
7. To Jeff–“Come over?”
Seven Books I Read Over and Over Again
1. Letters to a Young Poet by Rainer Maria Rilke
2. The Joy of Cooking
3. Vogue Knitting: The Ultimate Knitting Book
4. A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
5. The book of Proverbs
6. The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand
7. The Stranger by Albert Camus
Seven Movies/DVDs I Watch Over and Over Again
1. Various seasons of the Simpsons and the West Wing
2. Office Space
3. Lost in Translation
4. The Chapelle Show, Season 2
5. Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Season 1
6. Harvey Birdman, Season 1
7. Napoleon Dynamite