Apologies for the absence of posts but I don’t think you guys want to hear about the ins and outs of my (zzz) study schedule. Classes end on Tuesday and then the learning begins. (If that sounds strange to you, it should…even in my last year I’ve not figured out the best way to actually learn a majority of the info BEFORE classes end.)
That said, I’ll distract you with more inane information about me…meme swiped from Carolyn.
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate, dairy and booze do not mix.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree? Santa, who’s Santa?
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White lights are classier.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Never really had any reason to.
5. When do you put your decorations up? I threw up some Christmas lights in my living room after Thanksgiving but I’m not making huge efforts since I live alone and I’ll be in Seattle for the holidays.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Stuffing.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Nothing really sticks out…but I always did love Christmas when it snowed…didn’t get many of those but they always seemed a lot more fun.
8 . When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? My parents are pretty religious folk so we didn’t really grow up with a commercialized idea of Christmas. So some years we had a tree and presents but most years we didn’t. And we still don’t really…but we kinda revived the whole Santa thing when my younger sister was born. For some reason my parents thought it was REALLY important that she know about Christmas and now that she’s 15 she’ still the only one who really gets presents from our family. How’s that for tradition?
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? If there are any, on Christmas eve.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? My parents ditched our last very sad artificial tree in their last move and they haven’t replaced it.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Dread it, unless Jeff’s around…then he can drive and make the snow fun.
12. Can you ice skate? No, clumsiness and weak ankles.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? When I was ten my parents got me a fold-up barbie playhouse, it had all these pull out features and tiny accessories (read–serious choking hazards). It was a lot of fun.
14. What’s your favorite thing about the holidays? Food in excess and family in moderation.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Not a fair question…that’s like asking a mother to name her favorite child.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Doing absolutely nothing on Christmas day…it’s also one of the few days of the year my parents let us all sleep in.
17. What tops your tree? No topper, no tree, *sadness.*
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving…I like to think of myself as a pretty good gift giver…I love my friends and family dearly but I would have to say that they don’t often get it right. But it’s the thought that counts.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? O Holy Night.
20. Candy canes yuck or yum? the regular ones YUCK, the rainbow colored ones YUM.
21. What’s number one on your Christmas list this year? Gainful employment after law school.