Friends, thank you for your lovely comments and emails. It’s the only bright spot in my very long and grueling final days in *hell.* Some dumb things that happened this week:
- Attempted to write 2 papers (25 pages each) in about one week. Granted I did the research before hand but suffice to say it was grueling. (I reserve all judgment until they let me know I passed.) Never been so academically panicked before in my life. Never again. (Oh wait…the bar….)
- I swear at some point I did this during my undergrad. (Jess, you recall?) But boy, I remember that being a LOT easier to do.
- stayed at school for 30-40 hours straight…i felt so gross
- that I cansit on my ass for 12 hours at a time…my back now hates me.
- that fear is a deeply motivating factor.
- to keep a brown paper bag handy–you never know when you’re going to start hyperventilating.
- I can stay up for 40 hours straight without dying. (Hmmm…maybe I still got it?) Seriously, how do doctors do it? And why do we let them treat us when they’re *that* tired? I wouldn’t trust myself right now to slap a bandaid on somebody, let alone do surgery….
Rest tonight. Resume cramming tomorrow. See you on the other side!