Places on the internet that have captured my attention as of late:
- The International Quilt Study Center & Museum website–I could probably spend a day just fiddling with their quilt maker section. It’s often hard for me to visualize how to match up disparate colors of fabrics in a pattern but this allows you to test out a variety of looks/color combos without a lot of work.
- Hot Patterns–loving their new fall patterns.
- Habitat Shoes–I’ve been in this on-going quest to find the perfect pair of flat brown boots. I think I finally found the pair that I want…they’re perfect except the price tag. The quest continues.
- Cosmic Pluto–I’m totally itching to try out one of her many awesome looking patterns.
- Mr. Moog–This is the cutest guy on flickr. Period. =)
When I’m not glued to the computer I’m completely taken by these books:
- The Gentle Art of Domesticity–Much has been written about this book so I don’t have much to add except that I think this is an *essential* book for crafters. After a long, long day at the office, I thumb through this book for some visual therapy.
- Baked: New Frontiers in Baking–This is one of my favorite bakeries in NY and I’m so glad they put out a cookbook. I can’t wait to try out all of the recipes in the book.
- Passionate Patchwork–Classic Kaffe Fassett. ‘Nuff said.
- Mason-Dixon Knitting Outside the Lines–Love the patterns in this book. It’s a large part of the drive back towards knitting. Oh, that and the fact that it’s freakin’ freezin’ outside!