this weekend, i:
- relished the fact that i had a weekend off (weekends always feel like such a god-send but even more so when you lose a few to work;
- caught up on lots of errands and things around the house;
- baked a loaf of raisin oat cinnamon bread (recipe from NY Times Cookbook, not quite the rise or crumb i might have wanted but the cinnamon sugar dusting on the exterior really made it special);
- made my own ricotta using this recipe (no question, a million times better than the stuff you buy at the store. if i’d known how dead simple it was to make i would’ve started making it years ago);
- used ricotta for some homemade spinach ravioli (i think this is my first attempt at handmade, hand-rolled pastas…the results weren’t that great…i think i need to invest in a pasta machine. i can’t roll it out thin enough by hand.);
- attended a benefit dinner for this great organization;
- despite my best intentions, i got no sewing done this weekend (i just couldn’t summon up the energy or the courage, even though i have a couple easy projects i can work on right now).
hope you had a lovely and relaxing weekend.