1. when life is not fair, just remember…, 2. glow, 3. habitat, 4. “It’s about time lazy lady.”, 5. OMG, SHUT UP!, 6. oh fransson finished quilt top, 7. YIP 365.4: a momentous occasion, 8. YIP 365.32: unfurled, 9. YIP 365.34: inexplicable, 10. End Game: ORANGE WINS! ORANGE WINS!, 11. YIP 365.70: new beginnings, 12. water tower
So these are some memorable/favorite pictures and moments from the first half of 2009. 2009 was an interesting year of transition, with its fair share of ups and downs. It was a definite improvement on 2008 and worlds away from 2007, which probably qualifies as my worst year of life so far (knock on wood). So I’m feeling like 2010 should be a good year. I feel like I’m due for a good year about now. Is that crazy?
Anyway, the first half of 2009 in a nutshell?
- I survived my first Chicago winter (barely).
- I disappeared into a black hole studying for the February Illinois bar exam. (It seem so unfair that I should have to endure this harrowing experience in two different states in two years.)
- I did manage to escape for one night, however, to have a fabulous dinner with one of my best friends who was in Chicago for work.
- After the bar exam, I returned to the land of the living and the crafting in earnest.
- I found out I passed the Illinois bar exam on the first go. HUGE sigh of relief. HUGE.
- I finished a quilt, my third. I dreamt up several more in my head but couldn’t get them done. I seem to be on a quilt a year pace right now. I hope my pace picks up a little in 2010.
- I was sworn into the Illinois bar in a mass ceremony. A totally different experience from the Washington bar. (I did a private ceremony with a local judge, close friends, and immediate family.) It was neat to have experienced both.
- I wholeheartedly embraced the return of summer (my first) to Chicago.
- I was introduced to the world of Catan by Carolyn. It was so damn fun I even got my own board.
- I got a new camera. It kinda changed my life.
- Headed south for a wedding of a dear old friend.