So happy it’s Friday! I’ve spent much of this week not feeling great so it’s nice to think I’ll have a few days off to rest up and hopefully feel better. Still, I managed to make some progress on projects. I finished a patchwork rug for my kitchen, roughly 2′ x 3′ using squares of Robert Kaufman Quilter’s Linen in charcoal (my new favorite solid) and some cherished scraps from my stash and the stashes of some generous friends. I used two layers of cotton batting to make it nice and squishy and backed it with some grey IKEA fabric from the stash. This was an extremely satisfying, stash-busting project. And speaking of stash-busting projects, I also got started on a skirt using some more IKEA fabric from the stash using a pattern I drafted for garment school.
Some things I’m really looking forward to this weekend:
- spending some quality time in the kitchen, standing on my new patchwork kitchen rug
- reading up on jam making (just got the Blue Chair Jam Cookbook) and trying to overcome my fear of marmalade (my first batch earlier this week was a disaster!!)
- finishing a few garment school projects
- starting this book
- dinner tonight at the Purple Pig with my friend Anna (been too long since we’ve caught up!)
- watching this movie (I’m totally in love with all things Colin Firth)
Hope you have some things to look forward to this weekend. Happy Friday friends!